Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Minasi Forum RSS Feed
 All Forums
 General Forum
 Forum Meetings
 Is it too early to ask about Forum 2012?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Note: please do not cross-post.
Cross-postings will be deleted and ignored.
Thanks for helping to keep this forum junk-free!
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jaxdave Posted - 07/13/2011 : 11:44:47 AM
We are going to have one correct ?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JamesNT Posted - 10/03/2011 : 11:46:23 PM
We may want to start a different thread on speaking topics. Let people volunteer and ask for stuff to be talked about.

JamesNT
aed Posted - 10/03/2011 : 8:56:14 PM
Indeed, looking forward to it!
Polymath5 Posted - 10/03/2011 : 08:55:58 AM
I'm down for any location. But I'm def not someone to run anything!! I'm happy to help ad hoc. But my schedule runs me into the ground and I'm afraid I could never match the job others have done before me.

But kick ass on having it again. It is the BEST get together/tech meeting/whatever that I attend. I miss you guys a LOT!
jadgate Posted - 09/27/2011 : 1:20:08 PM
Everyone:

We are in the process of nailing down the dates, but its looking like the end of April/early May will work for Mark (the weekend around the 28th of April, 2012), and we will probably be back at Founders in VB. Again, the details/dates are still being finalized. We also need to finalize the speakers/content, but need to select the dates and venue first, then the rest will follow.

Since most of us will be traveling via the airlines, you might check on current airfairs for that time frame, but keep in mind the date has NOT been finalized, so plan accordingly (in other words, don't buy your non-refundable tickets just yet)

Best,

Jim
Btil Entrails Posted - 09/26/2011 : 4:42:49 PM
Ping --- Is it safe to start making plans for April 28th 2012?

//Chris
Playwell Posted - 08/18/2011 : 2:03:03 PM
For real:
If anyone's interested in VDI I could explain the Citrix look on that, compared to others.
lady_mcse Posted - 08/18/2011 : 1:07:09 PM
Oooh oooh oooh, if we're offering up sessions, I could do one on horse hoof trimming!!! Best done before the Whiskey Tasting.
wobble_wobble Posted - 08/18/2011 : 09:33:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by lacrosseboy

I won't mind starting on Sunday afternoon around 3pm with a session or two.

I can do the next one on Whiskey Tasting.
lacrosseboy Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:07:11 PM
I won't mind starting on Sunday afternoon around 3pm with a session or two.
jadgate Posted - 07/28/2011 : 09:19:20 AM
Re: Dates.

If we go with late April/ early May as in years past, the 1st of May falls on a Tuesday. So if we plan around that weekend, then the conference could start on April 29th and run until Tuesday/Wed (the 1st or 2nd).

Don't know if we want to do a "pre-conference session" like back in 2010 on Sunday.

I for one would probably make a long weekend of it and show up a day or two early to do some sight seeing. With the 150 anniversary of the Civil War celebrations upon us, there are several battlefield sites within driving distance..

At any rate, the conference that starts on Sunday/Monday works for me, but not sure if others agree.

Later,

Jim
Curt Posted - 07/27/2011 : 9:47:52 PM
And the dates will be????????

quote:
Originally posted by wobble_wobble

No problem.

Consider me volunteered.

Now, serious numbers are necessary. So book the time off, get accountants and managerial signoff and stake your seat.

Curt Posted - 07/27/2011 : 9:45:59 PM
Yes, they were. The 129 per night for a single queen bed in a cool room is all you need at a Minasicon. The rooms were real clean too.

I just did not like the wait till 4 p.m. to get into the room though.
A long flight and the ride from the airport makes you want to plop somewhere and change.
JamesNT Posted - 07/27/2011 : 5:50:32 PM
Curt,

Were those prices for the Founder's Inn?

JamesNT
JSCLMEDAVE Posted - 07/27/2011 : 5:03:16 PM
I think someone should tell Joe. <g>
jaxdave Posted - 07/27/2011 : 5:02:30 PM
I am going out to purchase a winter coat which are very hard to find here in Florida as I think Hell has frozen over. Did I read correctly that Joe aka Wobble is organizing the event? Now this year ought to be awfully interesting. Joe, Will the VA Beach Hooter Girls be acting as our Checkin / registrars?
Mark Minasi Posted - 07/27/2011 : 11:49:28 AM
Sounds like fun. I sure missed you folks this spring!
clarinathan Posted - 07/27/2011 : 06:12:48 AM
Just to chip in, happy to assist. In fact would have volunteered if Joe hadn't beat me to it.... :) still now he has I can just concentrate on bring some nice content.... hopefully some new Exchange stuff might be talkable about by then :)
nickw Posted - 07/22/2011 : 05:10:44 AM
As long as someone guarentees me that my return flight won't be the nightmare that Minasi V1 was, I would see if my dear wife would allow me a few days away from the kids ;)
JamesNT Posted - 07/22/2011 : 12:09:30 AM
Let's shoot for four nights.

JamesNT
Curt Posted - 07/20/2011 : 11:16:02 PM
Ok, a three night stay for the beginning of May is 129 per night for a colonial queen.
The room was nice and clean. We did not spend too much time in it.
It's not the MVP summit but it was nice.

Three nights is 387 during that time for that room.

Not too bad for a nice place.

Does anyone know how much the meeting room was last year?

Joe, I can think of a few Share Point third party companies who might sponser if we can have do a demo or two.

AIR FARE IS HIGH on the week ends so if we can arrive and leave on week days it's better for all.
Curt Posted - 07/20/2011 : 11:03:11 PM
Founders was good.
I liked the place in VB as well.

Right now I have so much to talk about I don't want to get started but I would like to do a talk on Cloud and how our jobs will change but stay around with cloud apps.
wobble_wobble Posted - 07/20/2011 : 7:26:12 PM
No problem.

Consider me volunteered.

Now, serious numbers are necessary. So book the time off, get accountants and managerial signoff and stake your seat.

Mark Minasi Posted - 07/20/2011 : 5:24:31 PM
Wonderful... now we need an organizer. I thought I heard a sort of soft "aye!" from Joseph, but I wouldn't want to get him in any trouble with his formidable and lovely spouse.
Playwell Posted - 07/19/2011 : 07:08:25 AM
Am good at procrastination..
jaxdave Posted - 07/18/2011 : 4:33:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by joe_elway

thats a great topic idea Dennis. you have my vote. anyone willing to teach us about vsphere 5?

I will speak to vshpere 5. I will have a bunch in lab by then and I am going to vmworld next month...
wobble_wobble Posted - 07/18/2011 : 3:16:05 PM
I may be in a position to talk about vSphere 5 and the Microsoft DDC.
joe_elway Posted - 07/18/2011 : 1:26:51 PM
thats a great topic idea Dennis. you have my vote. anyone willing to teach us about vsphere 5?
JamesNT Posted - 07/18/2011 : 12:45:03 PM
I wouldn't mind giving a talk on Business Intelligence using the SQL Server tools. My last talk was on Reporting Services which was long ago. I could do a rehash of that and throw in some analysis services.

JamesNT
DennisMCSE Posted - 07/18/2011 : 09:15:58 AM
I wouldn't mind actually doing a talk this time. I was thinking maybe something on the Sysinternals tools and using them for troubleshooting a system.

jadgate Posted - 07/18/2011 : 08:21:52 AM
I agree with James Summerlin, if Founders In/AKA Regent University and Pat Robertson will have us back, I say lets go with that venue. The only other viable alternative would probably be a hotel on VB boardwalk, where we were 4-5 years ago at the first conference I attended.

I could probably do a few PP's on secure software development and DLP (Data Loss Prevention) in the enterprise, as I've become quite involved with those areas over the last 2 years.

Later,

Jim

Mark Minasi's Reader Forum © 2002-2011 Mark Minasi Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000